Monday 10 September 2012

Activity!

Well yes, there is rather a lot of activity going on!

Apart from the new Creative Writing courses taking place currently at Diwan Maadi and Heliopolis, I am also editing a fabulous and envy making collection of short stories (and some not so short) by the writer Omar Refaat (who is one to watch for).  I also have to dash out to a Cilantro, as their bi monthly magazine has an article by me and some inserts of poetry from some of my students.  I have been invited to contribute an article to every edition - so watch that space :)

I was recently a judge for Quotes Mania - the competition here in Cairo being organised by Farida Fakher.  The winning quote was byYomna Magdy with: "Masks you wear to deceive the others blind you first"

At the beginning of October the novelist Saskia Konniger will be at ARC for a one week stay and then joining us at the end of Ocober for two weeks will be the mixed media and performance artist Lia Saile - links and info are on the ARC page: www.artsresidencycairo.blogspot.com

Other than this I plan some Writers' Centre events over the next month (keep tuned) and in the meantime I am addicted to neon colours for my nails (healthier than my crisp addiction!).

Bye for now!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment